Thursday, October 17, 2013

Protein-Packed Pumpkin Pie Smoothie (try saying that five times fast)


This time of year, I hop on the pumpkin-flavored-everything bandwagon just as much as the next gal. I was working from a coffee shop earlier this week and giggling to myself, as every single woman who stepped up to the counter to order asked the same damn question:

"Do you guys have a pumpkin spice latte?"



We sure do know how to define stereotypes.

This morning, I was looking for something a bit more substantial – and the result was this smoothie.


When it comes to smoothies, I don’t really like to measure anything, but today I did in order to calculate that this baby contains 29.9 grams of protein! If you are like me, feel free to just throw these ingredients together in your blender using the good old-fashioned eye-balling-it tactic to determine quantities.

1 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
½ cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 banana
Job hazards of licking the blender bowl-
pumpkin spice smoothie on the nose!

½ cup pumpkin puree
¼ tsp vanilla
1 TBSP honey (more or less to taste)
¼ cup of your favorite granola (just throw it into the blender, or sprinkle on top for a bit of crunch and fancy-looking garnish)
a few chunks of ice

Blend and enjoy!

1 comment: