Monday, November 4, 2013

Workshop Review: De-Clutter the Small Stuff to Make Room for What's Important


Last week, I had the pleasure of hosting a workshop with Vicky from Grid Organizing. We spent time talking through how we spend our time and how we *want* to spend our time, leaving participants with a few tips for honoring what's most important to us in our day-to-day routines.

We talked, we laughed, we ate some cheese, and we connected over some of the things we all feel passionately about - making time for the important things.

Here's what a few of the participants had to say.

Huge thank you to everyone who joined us for these events!

Molly Coughlin:

"Vicky and Sarah's workshop provided  refreshingly straightforward, practical strategies for getting more out of your days (and years). The group setting led to great conversation and insight into how peers manage similar challenges. All in all a very productive session!"

Jason Schatz:

"The workshop was a refreshing, inspiring, and above all a fun night with some great people. How we spend our days adds up to how we spend our lives, and if there's something more important than that, I don't know what it is. The workshop gave me the space and guidance to really focus on how I use my time and how it relates (or doesn't) to what I value. It was wonderful to spend an entire evening exploring something so fundamental. Best of all, I got to do it in the company of some really great people doing the same thing--sharing insight, honesty, and a lot of laughs. Making personal progress is so much easier (and way more fun) in a supportive group than trying to go it alone. Sarah and Vicky did an impressive job balancing light hearted discussion with more focused exercises and concrete actions for getting closer to where we each wanted to be. They made it look easy. It was a great night, and in the days since I've spent way more time on things that excite me than things that distract me, which is always a good feeling.  It's amazing what a little discussion and reflection can do when you need a little nudge (or even a big one)."

Heather Green:

"Vicky and Sarah did a wonderful job making the group feel comfortable, relaxed and open in our chaotic lives. The workshop was valuable in determining what roles in life I play while pointing out the gaps between my everyday life versus what I want to do. We often forget how many hats we wear and don't give credit to ourselves for the vast roles all of us uphold. The workshop provided a wonderful foundation point of goal alignment, prioritization and values."

Jordan Rothenberg:

"I'm really glad I attended the workshop for two reasons. Reason one: the exercises enabled me to put my time, both past and future into perspective. Sarah and Vicky did a great job of introducing the exercises, making the group feel comfortable and providing real examples for us to work with. Reason two: I now have an actionable list of steps I can take, today, to start making the strides I need to make to achieve my goals for this short, crazy ride called life."

Kourtney Franck:

"I really enjoyed the workshop, and found it very helpful in regards to time management.  The things we discussed during the workshop helped me focus on if I had really been spending my time on the things that were truly important to me, and how I could change things in order to spend more time doing what I enjoy and accomplish my goals at the same time.  It was also really nice to hear about others' experiences as well as share my own in regards to our goals, daily commitments, and time-management struggles."

No comments:

Post a Comment